The Instructor Awards provide comprehensive assessment for individuals working as instructors privately or at mountaineering centers. The awards are primarily concerned with candidates’ ability to run MDT courses and assessments in line with the organisation’s requirements.
Requirements prior to assessment:Must hold or will be assessed additionally against the Mountain Leader Award or International Mountain Leader Award.
The assessment covers:
- Syllabus of the ML award or IML Award
- Syllabus of the Walking Group Leader Award
- Teaching methods of navigation
- Teaching methods of other aspects of syllabi
- Assessment process and standards of MDT Awards
- MDT administration